Community nursing aims to support and maintain clients independence, safety and healthy lifestyle,
at the same time as providing assistance to carers.
• Assist as directed in the development of client care plans, health assessments and the implementation
of other health initiatives.
• Assist with the integration of health promotion and the social model of health in Dolphin Wellness
• General nursing care, including assistance with chronic conditions
• 'Hospital in the home' services, which provide hospital type care outside of the hospital
• Palliative care nursing assistance, for people who have a life limiting illness and require support
to stay at home
• Wound management
• Liaise with other key organisations, networks and working groups as required and determined to
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
• Current registration with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse.
• The ability to provide comprehensive and coordinated nursing services in the general practice setting.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of multidisciplinary team with highly developed
• The ability to provide sensitive practice in response to client diversity.
• A proven ability in case management or in undertaking GP management plans.
• Desire to be trained in chronic disease management.
• A Current NSW Drivers Licence.